|Port side open for ease of acess.|
Equinoctal Status Report
Well... our best laid plans done gang agley.
Tyee has turned out to be a rather more hopping place than we'd anticipated. What with one thing and another, a good chunk of summer sped by at maybe a quarter efficiency. Maybe.
Hard to say how much time has gone into it, so far. It's been four months since we started, but I'd say there've been less than three days of full efficiency work, and at least a solid, summer month pulled completely off the job.
But things are happening, nevertheless.
- We've got the bottom deadflat done, copper and all. The ends have their first course of planking and nailers.
- All bulkheads, including bow and stern transoms, are in.
- The starboard walls are up, SIPped (ply-foam-ply), and wallside furnishings complete.
- We built a new dory.
Yet to go are the end bottoms, port wall, pilothouse, windows and decks. These had better be complete before the first heavy snow, which will collapse our current shed. The plan is to make her weather proof, then rebuild the shed smaller for small, winter projects.
Wish us luck!
PS: TiteBond III appears to be living up to our hopes!
|Bunk area in foreground, bunk and salon settee leanbanks in background.|
|Stove in alcove, workbench aft.|
Wood stowage under and outboard.